IMPORTANT ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES THROUGHOUT OUR WEBSITE AND HOTEL
Our goal is to provide hospitality to all people who travel to Santa Monica. This means everyone. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for all people including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability to learn about our property and book their stay if they so desire.
If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
Our historic building is over 50 years old and presents architectural restrictions that limit our ability to accommodate guests with certain mobility impairments including those who need to utilize a wheelchair. All of our guest rooms are above the ground floor. Please contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager if you have specific questions about the accessibility features of our property. Please review our website's dedicated accessibility webpage to learn more about our property's accessibility features.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.calmarhotel.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Cal Mar Hotel Suites is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features on our Hotel Overview page which can be found here: https://www.calmarhotel.com/overview
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
- Signs on The Property Include Braille are Easy to Read and Free From Reflective Material
- Fire alarms in the hotel have a visual alarm strobe light
- Front Door Bell
- Ground Floor Hotel Entrance
- On-Site Designated Accessible Parking
- People in Need of Accessible Features Can Book Accessible Rooms During The Same Time and Terms That Others Can Reserve Rooms
- Service Animals Allowed At No Additional Charge
- WCAG Level 2.1 Website
- 32 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- Accessibility Equipment for The Deaf
- Accessible Business Center
- Accessible Guest Rooms with 32 Inch Wide Openings
- Accessible Pool Entrance
- Accessible Registration Check-in Counters/Other Counters Serving Guests Have A Lowered Portion No More Than 36" High or Has A Folding Shelf At 36" High To Allow Persons Who Use Wheelchair
- ADA Accessible Guest Room
- ADA Compliant Elevator
- All areas of the hotel are accessible by wheelchair – including a wheelchair accessible route from the accessible parking spaces to the facility’s front entrance and to the key areas of the facility
- All doorways to and within Accessible Guest Rooms are Wheelchair Accessible
- Braille Signage Throughout Property
- Door hardware (lever, pull, panic bar, etc.) usable with one hand, without tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist
- Exterior stairs built so blind persons and persons with low vision will not hit their head
- Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Guest Rooms Stipulated by ADA
- Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Parking Spots Including Van Accessible Spots Stipulated by ADA
- Knock Light
- Main Features of Hotel Accessible on Ground Floor
- No steps or abrupt level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids between accessible parking and guest room entry
- Pool Entrance and Area Accessible
- Registration Desk, Lobby, Guest Rooms, and Exterior/Interior Amenities are Accessible From The Public Sidewalk
- Self-Operating ADA Pool Lift
- Van Accessible Parking
- Wheelchair Accessible per ADA Standards
- Wheelchair Lift
- Wheelchair Ramp
- Service Animals Allowed
This hotel website for Cal Mar Hotel Suites is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.calmarhotel.com/sitemap
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Cal Mar Hotel Suites website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support